Thursday 6 October 2011

330 Caring Strong

Three hundred and thirty people joined the Stillwater day of Caring this year. They worked on 69 service projects. Including, but not limited to, painting houses, clean yards, rebuild fences, and repair roofs. There are twenty three local agencies that Stillwater area united way provides for.

Three hundred and thirty is a lot of people. I cannot even imagine that in my head. When I need to think of that many people I think of a concert, or the fair, or anything like that. When people come together to volunteer, the community gets a sense of pride. That's their town coming to help local businesses be the best they can be. They can drive by and think, I put that fence up, or I repaired that roof. It's an irreplaceable feeling when you get to help someone. The city of Stillwater can put their heads a little higher and know they are doing great things for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment